Reserve Your Educational Adventure Now!
Experience the old-fashioned fun of a Pumpkin Farm with your students. Our “funtastic” School Field Trips cover a variety of academic standards in science, math, social studies, language arts and health.
Important Group Information
We welcome schools and groups to visit our 4th generation family farm to gain a positive farm experience. . We do have new policies that may cause a variation from your previous visits.
A credit card is required to make your reservation and a Deposit is due upon receipt of your confirmation to secure your reservation.
All group tour packages are $8 a person.
Payment is required before your tour begins.
Each package includes: An un-frosted cookie, pie pumpkin, popcorn, petting zoo, hayride and the all new magic pumpkin talk.
* ALL ATTENDING PARENTS MUST PAY
* TEACHERS or Aides are free with every 5 kids
* TOUR PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
These guidelines have been set up to ensure that you arrive at the farm prepared and knowing what to expect. Jerry Smith Pumpkin Farm is a fully operating and working farm, you will need to be prepared for variations of weather. Please stick to the following guidelines. Thank you!
Please Read Carefully:
Check In: Farm staff will greet you when you arrive and direct you to the Admission Area. Please keep your group on the bus while you check in. Your assigned tour guide will greet the students while you are checking in. At check in you will receive a sticker for each admission to be passed out as your bus is unloaded. Everyone entering the farm must have a sticker worn and it must be visible. If you are not arriving by bus your group will need to meet in a designated meeting area so they can get further instructions as well as their stickers.
- Please BE ON TIME, have payment ready and see the Tour Guide when you arrive. WAIT to unload your bus until after you have seen the Tour Guide.
- Wear comfortable, flat-soled shoes. You will be walking through Farm areas that may have uneven terrain and/or mud.
- Please try to have one adult per 15 children (for those 8 and under) to help supervise.
- If your group is to be more than 15 MINUTES late, please call to confirm your arrival at (262) 859-2645. Tours groups more than 30 MINUTES late will be cancelled and will need to be rescheduled for another day.
- Tour guide(s) are assigned according to the number given us when your reservation was made. That number should include everyone; teachers, chaperones, children etc. * Any changes to your reservation must be confirmed 24 hours prior to your visit or you WILL BE BILLED THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT
- All of our farm animals are on a specific restricted diet. Please DO NOT bring food from your home to feed them. Appropriate animal feed will be available for purchase if you wish to feed the animals.
Participation: Adults are expected to assist with students’ participation and behavior. For the safety of the children and for the safety of our animals:
- Group members should have their listening ears on, use their walking feet and always follow instructions. We do not allow chasing of our animals.
- We believe you know your student’s best when it comes to chaperone/student ratio needs and recommend you use your own discretion. However, many teachers find 4:1 works best.
Rain: Tours will take place unless the weather is severe. We operate in light rain so rain gear is advised. If you consider the weather inclement, you may cancel up until 8:00 a.m. the morning of your visit and we will gladly reschedule you for another day. If you elect not to reschedule your deposit will be forfeited.
Dress: We are an outdoor program, so dress for the weather. Wear closed toed shoes and bring warm clothes and rain gear just in case. Rubber boots or old shoes are advised. Rain days - rain gear is advised. Umbrellas do not work well around the farm and especially around the animals.
Directions: Make copies of the directions map for the bus driver and any parents that may be driving. PLEASE ASK BUS COMPANY TO CONFIRM THERE ARE NO DETOURS IN ROUTE THAT MAY DELAY YOUR ARRIVAL. The biggest cause of late arrivals is lost bus drivers and parents and/or time not allowed for unexpected detours.